AlienGP
power_settings_new
Seen 23 hours ago
Mithril Warrior (21/30)
Mithril Warrior
21 Posts
Warning level
Dislikes

Welcome to Chanston's Custom Map Journey!

The following is a collection of my journey into custom map design.
Everything you see is just about everything I've done aside from a couple smaller projects I didn't see fit to share as they were quite simple or redundant.
At this point I am about 4 months into learning and I'm starting to feel much more confident in my skills. (updated: 8/23/20)
I've completed a handful of projects I would say I am very proud of and most importantly I'm having a ton of fun throughout the learning process!
Feel free to critique or share your ideas and knowledge as this will help me improve my skills along the way.

Check back here and there as some of these maps will be released for free.
Also, feel free to reach out if you have any questions within your own map design journey or want to collaborate.

Most Recent Work:

"Celestial Home" Project #10
Completed: 8/23/20

Details: I lost track of the amount of hours I put into this, but this was easily my most extensive project to date. I'm all about the fine details, so I put a ton of time into scouting out the right building pieces to fit the theme of every room and building. I ended up making the city a bit larger than planned, but I feel like I managed to fill in the space well. You would honestly have to play the map to really take in all of the details as a quick video really does it no justice. Every project I take on I try to challenge myself in new ways and I'd have to say I definitely ran into a couple challenges throughout this, but I solved them and now have some cool new solutions/techniques in my pocket! This started off with a sizable list of requests; however, the customer gave me a great start as they provided me with a nice basis of details. I'm excited to see this thing in action as it sounds like the Celestial team has a cool story-line to go with it!

These were the customer's requests:

• A custom home map that consists of great detail and makes good use of space - very lively feeling and colorful.
  • A large, two-story castle that contains:
  • A few doors on the back
  • Stairs to the left and right of entrance
  • 3-4 rooms on each side of the castle
  • An open dining room area with a long table centered in the back
  • Second floor with a room for the king to sit and a few more rooms surrounding
  • 6-7 shops surrounding the castle
  • Trees, barricades, good walkways, fences, flowers

Spoiler for *FREE DOWNLOAD* "Ahoy Donator Zone" Project #9:
"Ahoy Donator Zone" Project #9
Completed: 7/15/20

Details: Features 3 areas for different levels of donator. One is shared since it's the lowest level of donators and the other two have barriers blocking them off. Per the customer's request I left the areas sort of empty for now so he can play around with the arrangement of monsters and other objects himself. I will later come in and fill in the remaining objects and will likely update this once I do so. Accompanied by these areas is also a skilling area for fishing, mining, thieving, and woodcutting.
Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zrde08zs9g...0zone.zip?dl=0
Coordinates are region 10309 (2701, 3279) - Elvarg base - Special thanks to AhoyPK / Bmxisrad for allowing me to release this to you for free.

Spoiler for "Gerben's Rimmington" Project #8:
"Gerben's Rimmington" Project #8
Completed: 7/5/20

Details: The idea of this project was to keep the original design and theme of Rimmington, but turn it into a sort of island of its own. A large part of the design was based on the customer's requests: I added a river running through the land, enlarged the crafting guild and most Southwestern building. Additionally, I expanded the land some and adjusted other landscaping, added a town square, removed some trees, deleted all objects inside buildings, and a few other miscellaneous things.

Spoiler for "Shilo Edgeville" Project #7:
"Shilo Edgeville" Project #7
Completed: 6/28/20

Details: This project was part of a re-vamp of their existing custom Edgeville home. In total, I created 7 buildings/areas based on the customer's specifications. Find my post here for more information on this map.

Spoiler for "Deadman Island" Project #6:
"Deadman Island" Project #6
Completed: 6/24/20

Spoiler for Part #1:

Click here to view the original image of 1000x608px.

Spoiler for Part #2:

Click here to view the original image of 1000x606px.

Spoiler for 1st and 2nd level map view:

Spoiler for 3rd and 4th map view:

Details: Up to 64 players will be able to compete 1v1 within the fort as of right now. I defaulted to doing 6x6 sized arenas for both the bottom and second level with 16 arenas in each. If there are more than 64 players, all players will fight outside of the arena until there are 64 players remaining. At that point the remaining players will qualify for 1v1's inside the fort. All 64 players will be split up between the 32 arenas (6x6) on the ground level 0 and level 1 of the fort. The 2nd round inside the fort will split the players up between only the 16 arenas on level 1 (the second level)(6x6). The 3rd round, players will fight on top of the fort on level 2 within 8 arenas (7x7). The 4th round, the remaining 8 players will fight within 4 arenas on level 3 (7x7). On the 5th round, players will fight in only 2 of the 4 previous arenas (7x7). Finally, the remaining 2 players duke it out in the center arena on the top of the fort (8x8)

Spoiler for "Pokebattle Arena" Project #5:
"Pokebattle Arena" Project #5
Completed on: 6/11/20

Click here to view the original image of 1000x608px.

Details: This was part of fun collaboration I did with NeilG for his pokemon-themed minigame (Credits to Neil on the vid!) I spent between 4-6 hours. Surprisingly, I only used about 12 different types of objects to create this map. Primarily pyramid pieces, along with a couple other desert objects. Overall, it was a ton of fun and I always love contributing towards cool ideas!

Spoiler for "Gambling Zone" Project #4:
"Gambling Zone" Project #4
Completed on: 4/27/20

Details: Created for personal use. Spent roughly 24 hours on this one. The center area is for general games. The right and left areas are flower poker lanes that are 35 x 6 squares wide. Perfect for players to plant 5 flower and see all of them. between those areas you will find ledges for you to overlook other players games without being in their way.

Spoiler for "Dballz Boss Arena" Project #3:
"DballZ Boss Arena" Project #3
Created: 4/22/20

Details: My first paid map created for a client to resemble a fight arena seen in Dragon Ball Z.

Spoiler for "Re-purposed Sorcerer's Garden" Project #2:
"Re-purposed Sorcerer's Garden" Project #2
Created: 4/17/20

Details: Created for personal use as a sort of skilling area. Unfortunately, I cannot give away the function behind the design, so it may be hard to understand just from looking at it.

Spoiler for *FREE DOWNLOAD* "Underground Castlewars" Project #1:
"Underground Castlewars" Project #1
Created: 4/9/20

Download: https://www.dropbox.com/s/77ufcu5dvd...20CWS.zip?dl=0
Details: 317; base unknown; used Simplicity plugin, so it is may be compatible with similar sources.
Reactions: